Wagging their tails?

L

lisa

When I go to feed one of my axies he always gets really excited and stands up on his hind legs and sort of walks along trying to get at the food. But the other day he just sat there and wiggled his tail, then he'd jump forward a bit and start wiggling his tail again. Reminded me of a cat about to pounce on it prey. It was so funny. Has anyone seen their axies do this?

Lisa - I have one axolotl who curls its tail and makes its crest full of ripples when it gets excited/sick of me waving worms under its nose/when I vacuum to close to it. It's tail sometimes does go side to side once or twice. They are pretty funny sometimes
happy.gif

One of my axies stands on her two hind legs and 'begs' for food when she sees me from the tank! It is very cute. The closer I get to the tank, the higher she stands, then as I am over the tank about the feed her, she sometimes swims towards the surface!

The largest of my adult axies (lolly) stands on her tail basically and bobs up and down when she knows food is comming.

The smallest of the adults (porky) will stand on her tip toes on her hind legs and tilts her head all the way back.

Also as soon as i open the lid of my tank to feed them they all get ready for the food... Even when it isnt feeding time. Sometimes i give into them and give them a treat each coz there cute faces cant be resisted :p

(Message edited by brendan on February 03, 2005)

my female (Gretchen) always swims to the surface thinking i have food for her.she is so funny and is greedy!lol.

Hehe... my Dragoon II actually flicks his gills first then foop! The Brine Shrimp disappeared from my hand!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back