Looking for axos in leeds / manchester

M

michelle

hello!
im looking for axolotl in the leeds/ manchester area, any colour apart from wild type as i have 6 of those already! anybody no any shops i can check out ?
thanks
crimpers

Hi Michelle welcome to the group...
Sorry I can't remember name of the shop but there is shop very near to the Apollo Theatre (A57) in Manchester that occasionally has a few in. But their health seems to be bit variable from my viewpoint.
Also their is a shop at the very end of Tibb St (the end furthest from picadilly gardens), in the town centre called Hollands Hydroponics. They had a huge batch of nice wildtype in some time ago but do obtain them from various sources. The batch I saw were very healthy.

There is a shop in Burnley. It's 'Waterlife and Pets,' 73 Curzon Street, phone number is 01282 426542. I bought two v nice goldens from there some time ago. They occaisionally have other newts too.

proud.gif

thanks for the help Mikki
xxxx

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>mik flounders wrote on Thursday, 27 January, 2005 - 22:09 :</font>

"Also their is a shop at the very end of Tibb St (the end furthest from picadilly gardens), in the town centre called Hollands Hydroponics. They had a huge batch of nice wildtype in some time ago but do obtain them from various sources. The batch I saw were very healthy."<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Thanks again Mikki. My boyfriend was working in Manchester today and took a trip to Hollands Hydroponics on Swan St/Tibb St. He came home with a lovely deep black wild-type as a surpise this evening! I'll post pics when I get a decent camera!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back