Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axie hides in the most rediculous places!

A

amy

my newst axie advocarr keeps hiding in really awkwad places like behind the filter, on his side behind his cave and yesterday, god only knows how but he managed to get INTO the filter! i was at a friends last night so my parents were freaking out last night trying to find him! haha! anyway, there are plantry of hiding places in there as it is, and its not as if hes new, really. ive had him for a couple of months now. maybe he feels intimidated by the attempted breeding pair? any thoughts would be good thanks
happy.gif

C

cynthia

What kind of filter do you have that he managed to get inside of?

A

amy

its a canister and somehow the lid came off and he was able to get in. ive put another hiding place in there now. i was just thankful he didnt catch any limbs or anything on the fan blade! ive put the lid back on it now so hopefully it wont come off again. close shave though!

B

brendan

My 2 adult axies have literally formed their own trench in the tank. Not that thats a hiding place but meh. I also have a small old style wreckage barrel ornament in the tank and one of mine loves to squeeze her way into it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1