Fast growing Axolotl

B

benjamin

My axolotl grew 7 cm over the last month each day a new transparent area grows onto the end of its tail. I was wondering If anybody else has had similar success and what is the largest size of an axolotl, mine's less than six months old and if it continues at It will be over a foot long in just two months (it's currently 15.5 cm, roughly).

Hi Ben largest axie I've heard of was 18"(450mm).

I have 6 that are vary between 250mm-300mm and range from 8mths to 2 & 1/2 years.

I have just acquired two goldens which according to the guy who bred them would be now 4 mths and one of those measures 190mm and the other about 175mm now. But I have moonpie who seems more normal to me at 150mm+ and I think he is about 6mths.

Growth rates change, speed up/slow down as axie grows to his full adult potential. Just like us!

18 Inches is pretty big. A pet shop near me used to sell "giant" Axolotls at £40 a piece as if they were a sepperate variety, I don't know If they still sell them. They were well over a foot long and all albino.

My axolotls were 3 inches when I got them in july, and as of last week, all were nearly or over 6".

7 cm is about three inches. My axie grew three inches in one month.

mine grow like that too. theyre 8" now so theyve slowed down but still growing.

i have had mine a month maybe 3 weeks he was 3 inches now he is about 6 inches at least maybe a bit more he gets a bit of clear skin on his tail everyday

Mine grows the clear skin on its tail everyday as well. I don't know exactly how old my axie is but the estimate is about three to four months.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back