The Story

L

leah

Leah, welcome to the forum. Canookie in Oz is there a story there?

There is Mik, though I don't know how interesting it'll be!
I got the opportunity last May to come to Australia and train with a dressage coach in Melbourne. She'd been up to Canada teaching clinics for our Pony Clubs and the local dressage association (dressage is kind of like ballet on horseback for anyone who's unfamiliar.) I'd been talking to an Australian over MSN for several years, so when I was invited to Melbourne to ride, I let him know that I'd be in the country... Between the time I found out I was going to the time I got there, we realised we had feelings for each other. It was really weird to me, because the closest I'd come to actually meeting him was talking over the phone, but he came up to Melbourne from Adelaide while I was there, and the chemistry was great between us!
I went home to Canada without him, but he came to stay with me this winter, and I decided to come back to Australia.
I've done a year of pre-vet studies at home, and the University of Sydney has a good Veterinary course, with an equine research facility on site (I want to be a horse vet.) Once I've established residency I'll go to University here, but for now I'm just relaxing, trying to get work, and enjoying my new home!

That's about it
happy.gif
}

Love over the internet...lol. Best of luck in your new country, career and with your man.
Watch out for those horses though, that's just too much insanity walking around on four legs for my liking...lol.
I'm lucky enough to have visited Montreal and Queensland. So I can reccommend the globe trotting. Once considered moving to Oz myself.

Yes lol, I definitely wasn't expecting love over the internet! It's still a bit weird to me even, but it's kind of neat to see people's reactions when they ask how we met. A lot of people are really uncomfortable with the idea and don't know what to say!

i met my partner online too Leah - i find it amusing in a kinda sleezy way......found that i quite like watching people when they find out, and seeing the ones who squirm and think i'm a sad B******..errr, i mean LAYDEE!

but if i hadn't i wouldn't now have a flat full of plants, lotls and huge silly greyhound!

I've dated a few people online. Some worked well, some didn't. Leah, I've noticed that too... "how did you guys meet?" "online" "oh.... uh..." lol, Oh well, That's their problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back