Burp or something?

A

abbey

ok, Barnaby has been healing well, dropping substrate left right and centre and generally looking 10X better, but this morning i almost died! i thought i'd killed her, she was floating head down in her recovery bucket surrounded by undigested brine shrimp i had fed to her 2 days previously.

usually it takes 24-48 hours for her gut to process so i dont think she regurgitated it.

I should have stuck to pellets, i just thought she might like a change
sad.gif

Anyway, she is now floating head down in a floating breeder net in the main tank (to make sure water quality is stable)

is there any way i can effectively burp/fart her??

will struggling assist or will i end up with a twisted gut?

brine shrimp will foul the water really fast because they die pretty quickly in freshwater. if you feed brine shrimp you should do really frequent water changes. how big is barnaby? usually axies over about 5 inches won't bother going for such a small creature. hopefully the water change will make her feel better, sorry i can't offer much advice!

it was half a frozen cube of hikari, the same stuff i feed my fish.

I know a lot of people who feed their axies frozen bloodworm cubes, so i assumed the frozen part wasnt a big issue. (it didnt appear to be) and besides, they melt quickly anyway.

I cleaned the water that day, and the day after and well, obviously today when i awoke to this.

Perhaps having been on pellets so long her gut couldn't handle it?

I've got her in her bucket again, very shallow water so she can stand without struggling.

18658.jpg

suggestions???

Poor girl... Wait for the gas bubble to pass. Try and push it out with more food, pellets you said are her original food.

We are now horizontal again!!!!

*small party*

no more unusual foods i thinks, we will stick with blackworms, mealies, earthworms and pellets.
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back