Hair lip

A

ashriel

Hi, just a query to see if anyone has seen anything like this...
My younger female 'lotl has what, if she were human, would be described as a hair lip/cleft palate. She was like that when I bought her(and missing a front limb, which had grown back beautifully)I chose her especially 'cos I have a real weakness for the "runt of the litter" type.
She's happy and healthy and eats well...but she's very small for her age (2 years, 5 inches)...does anyone know anything about this? Will she always be so wee?
Thanks
happy.gif

Oh! I'll be putting pics of her (Edgar) and her tankmate (Miss.Pink) up as soon as my bf gets back from Europe with his camera
happy.gif

Can't wait to show them off, and also show you guys Edgars' er...deformity (it just makes her cuter in my opinion 'tho)

Hey, bit of cool info (nothing to do with axi's though). Did you know that the definition of cute was actually UGLY BUT BEARABLE!!! This was like in the 1800's and they have since changed the definition in dictionary's and stuff, cause people wern't using it as that anymore! TRUE STUFF!!!! So just be careful when you say you axolotl is CUTE!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back