Tank size? which should i get?

J

jenny

ok so i know my tank is real small for my axy...but when i try and find out tank sizes i should get for how many they are all in gallons. which means nothin to me. the only place my tank can go is shelf inside my wardrobe (mum doesnt know i have axys) and that can fit a 26 inch tank. so now i have 2 axys and hope to get 2 more. will a 26inch tank be enough? or should i tell my mum so i can get a bigger tank...ok actually i will tell my mum. but after i have kept my bedroom tidy for a couple of weeks. ok enough of my life story...but anyways in inches, how big should a four axy tank be? ya know what as well...i went aquarium in chester and (it was a while ago so not completely sure) but im sure they had like 4-6 axys in one tank what wasnt that big and overcrowded with rocks etc!

hi a 4ft tank would be good a size but i don't think you could hide it in your wardrobe.

4ft! whoa! thats like only a foot and a half smaller than me. whats if i found one that is like, wider??

elizabeth is the first axy i got and so i was like awww shes so luvly shes ma lil baby, but now i got harriet, shes like well better, shes dead friendly and if you tap the tank she comes to you but elizabeth is well ignorant and just turns away even more when you tap the glass of even when she sees you coming!

Bigger is always better. But I have had 6 adults in a tank 36"x18"x12" and all were ok. Now I just keep 4 in it. I also had rocks and plants in it as well.

No need to tap glass they can see you coming. After while you'll notice that they seem to become more alert when you enter the room and seem to beg. They'll associate you with food...lol

it all depends on the quality of life you want to give your axies. they can *survive* in the size you've got, but they won't be happy, and unhappy axies means they'll be more prone to sickness. and don't get another two if you can't get at least a 3ft tank. even in that, 4 would be pushing it.

why don't you tell your mum? it'd sure make it easier to keep them. would you get in trouble? i remember taking home 2 mice when i was little, without asking my mum first! she was angry at first, but naturally she let me keep them. i;m sure your mum would come around
happy.gif

i think she would but i just need to keep my room tidy for a week or two cos that wud make a big difference to how she is with me...but then recently my rabbit died and she was like NO MORE PETS. and im just worried cos like, once when i was lil i was visiting my nan in stockport when i lived in london and brought a crab back from blackpool beach and phoned and told her and she was like ill throw it in the thames if u bring it back! i doubt shed do that now but i dont wanna get rid of em. im thinkin of saying well look how big they are ive had em since babies and you havent found out so...

altho i dunno how id explain oswald. awww oswald is so cute! hes such a lil dude!

lol if she goes in ur room she'll tidy up sometime,,,she probably knows already...lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back