Tail has gone white to reddish-pink?

S

swiftrat

that looks like a bacterial infection to me. If you have a vet nearby that knows amphibians well, I'd consider taking it in, because if it bacterial, the axo will probably need to be injected with an antibiotic.

Hey Swiftrat did you do anything like change water or add cool bottle or anything to tank.

Someimes if you abruptly put them into another tank at a somewhat differnent temperature they will change colour as blood vessels dilate or constrict. The effect goes away after a few minutes though.

Good luck, Regards

Mik

I agree with Mik, blood flow will cause this effect in stressed or excited axolotls in my experience. It should drop down, though. If it's constant like this for more than a day, it may be something worse.

Yeah, nah... she's back to her snow-white self. All that swimming she did prior to my taking the photos of her mustv'e been blood flow.

She's an athletic little scamp.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back