Axie eggs

F

frances

can anyone help
my female just laid and i want to know if its possible for eggs to be laid with fungal infection.
my female is healthy and shows no sign of being otherwise but some of her eggs are grey the rest are black and white as should be. it is only the odd one thats grey maybe half a dozen spread here and there.

When my little axie laid eggs we found the grey ones to be infertile and they didn't hatch. Its best after about a week or so to take these eggs out so they do not rot and infect all the healthy eggs other than that when the babies hatch those eggs that were infertile and are still in there the newly hatched babies will eat them

thankyou for help but those pictures dont help much as they show eggs all the same colour its ok though most of them are now grey and developing ok

Yes ours also turned grey but were developing, the ones that developed fungus we removed straight away.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back