Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tank size for 3 axo's???

P

peter

Hi everyone!!!

I'am new here, because in the futere I want some Axo's to.
smile9.gif
I like them a lot, and I have already found loads of information. But now I'am still having one question:
Can I house 3 adult Axolotls in a 90x40x50cm tank???

Greetz!!!
Peter

Edit: Sorry for my bad English.(sometimes)

K

karrie

I think you could as long as you have a good amount of hide places for them and a good filter.

A

alex

hi peter, welcome
happy.gif

id say that its fine having three in that sized tank, but you may come across one problem.......as most people on this site have found out, its difficult not to be tempted to keep adding to your collection.
i no i initially had 2 juveniles in a 2 foot, which rapidly turned into 4 subadults in a 4 foot, 4 10cm juvs in a 3 foot, and a breeding pair in a 2 foot. so as you can see, they are a bit addictive, so if i were you id go a little bigger, so that there is always a bit more room should you wish to expand your collection.
to be honest, the best rule is not "a certain size of tank for an amount of axies" (although there should be a minimum) but "the biggest and best equipment you can afford and have space for", if only for the fact that they have more space, its better for them, and its also(oddly enough) easier to look after, and looks nicer as well.
O, and by the way, your english is great

P

peter

Allright, thanks people!!!
happy.gif
And about the addiction, I am also having Leopardgecko's. In the beginning I had two, and 10 months later, I already had four
smile6.gif
. So yes I know, this hobby is addictive
smile6.gif
. And I hope I can keep it with three
happy.gif

Greetz
Peter

ryan

Reaction score
Yes this hoby is extremely addictive!! I only have one mudpuppy and I want to get more (other Necturus species would be even better), I am currently searching for Eastern Red-backed Salamanders to keep.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!