Should I add salt? HELP!

R

row

Have been chatting about the health of Miles....have noticed today the first signs of fungal infection.

Hesitant to put him in fridge as he is very thin, and as his condition has always been poor, I am worried about giving him a full salt bath as the one time I did I think I nearly shocked him to death (he didn't move for 24 hrs)!!

His tank temp is stable, 18-19 degrees. The pet shop person told me to try a pinch of salt in the tank. I have done a lot of reading and research on this site but cannot find a conclusive answer and am starting to panick!

After being in the fridge for weeks last time, he lost even more condition, and I don't think the fungal infection ever really went away.

Will it hurt my axi to be in a very very weak salt solution? (I am talking one pinch of salt for about 50 litres)
Please help, I don't want to loose him.....

Are you sure he has a fungal infection?

An isotonic solution (where the salt solution in the container is equal to the salt solution in the cellular fluids) probably won't help a fungal infection, and one pinch of salt per 50 liters won't do anything at all.

You can use salt baths without using the fridge.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back