Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello, I'm newbie

J

james

I currently got attracted to Axolotls, and I've been researching for a lot of info. I live in Michigan and have about 40 hermit crabs in 40B and 20L tanks. I've been looking for Petco, Petsmart, and other local pet shops to buy a couple of Axolotls but I couldn't find any. I don't know it is because of the weather in Michigan. If anyone near the state selling and be able to ship them, please let me know =) Thank you. ( I won't carry both the crabs and axolotls in same tank just let you know lol)

(Message edited by veci on February 14, 2007)

(Message edited by veci on February 14, 2007)

K

karrie

You can try the for sale adds or the want adds here. Or I just bought 2 new little ones from Niles Biological Inc. . I'am vary happy with. I have the same pet store around here same problem. Just in case you don't know you need to cycle the tank first and don't put them on gravel. If you have more question please feel free to ask.

J

james

Thank you for the info, Karrie =)
Since I live far from CA, I think I should ask and order them from Michael Shrom. One more thing, where can I get a caresheet or at least tank set-up?

K

karrie

I bought my stuff from Petsmart. A 20 gal. long I have a Fluval 2puls filter in it. I use black moon sand in mine they also have white . What is really cheap is play sand. rinse it first. I have black sand I think the litter colour is better because you can't see the poo for daily cleaning. Get a couple of turkey baster great for cleaning and feeding. The good thing about the filter it has a flow adjuster on it and you can add a carbon to it if you wish. As far as a care sheet I would read past threads here. Lots of tips. I wouldn't trust what a pet shop says check here first.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!