Im almost there.

F

forrest

i bought two PVC tubes big enuff for a adult axolotl but only 6 inches long, should be suitable for young axolotl for now.

I need to know where to order worms online as food.

Also what medication supplys should i have.
For fungal infections i use to allways use Paragon II and it worked really well.

I have aquarium salt already.

I've been told that Walmart has good worms. I think salt baths.

my walmart is full of shite.

Theres nobody behind the desk of the sports area ever. So if i have 2 axolotls that i feed alot, that means every day i gotta go in there hunt some degenerate that gets 7 dollars a hour thats probably still over paying him cuz hes some where in another deparment or on permanent break.

Id rather use salt bath as a last resort my family wont be happy with a salamander in the frigde either, salamander near food = salamander gets tossed out side pretty fast to the cat.

You can use salt baths without refrigeration. I haven't heard of Paragon, do you know what the ingredients are?

If you don't like Walmart, look up bait shops in your Yellow Pages. Even some gas stations sell live bait. Because of shipping, it's a lot cheaper to buy them locally rather than order.

Id rather pay the shipping then deal with some mofo.

paragon II is not in existance far as i know but i did manage to find its ingredients.
http://groups.msn.com/AngieandAndrewsAquatics/medications.msnw

Metronidazole, furazolidone, neomycin sulfate, naladixic acid, sodium chloride

I found that this really really worked and caused no stress that i could see, but i only used it to remove fungus about 8 times in 2 years and it was great and fast.

oh yeah i still gotta buy a cheap printer from walmart so i can print out the indiana univeristy order from to buy my pellets also.

I can't think of any reason that a bait store is any more likely to be a "mofo" than a mail order place is. I've heard good and bad experiences with both. I can (privately) point out one US mail order source that is definately a BIG mofo!

Paragon II sounds like a powerful combo - everything but the kitchen sink. I can believe it does work well, though it may be overkill. You could do something similar using another fish antibiotic product plus salt baths. Were you using it for fish or axies? Axies shouldn't get sick that often.

If you don't have a printer, you can probably print the page at a local public library. Our library prints internet pages free, up to a certain number.

I was useing it for a Axolotl, due to my inexperience i was buying feeder fish and feeder fish from petstores carry every thing you can imagine.

This time around i wont make that mistake, it will either be home grown or none at all. I rather take care of just 1 tank than 2 so odds are no more fish again. Just gonna be worms, pellets and probably shrimp frozen.

So my axolotl actualy caught fungus a few times.

I can afford a printer i just put off buying one so every one in the house woudlnt want to use it and never pay for the ink cartridge.

Ill check walmart again, i actualy went to verify it had worms and of course nobody was around. I HATE makeing a scene when i attempt to get some one to there department. Ill also look in yellow pages for bait store.

well my walmart does not sell bait worms. I did how ever buy a printer and mailed my order form for pellets once i get pellets i will probably order 2 baby axolotls.

(Message edited by forrest on January 16, 2007)

Message from Ambystoma Genetic Stock Center:
1 bag of small and 1 bag of large pellets for axolotls

Scheduled Delivery: 29-January-2007

So close, once i get these i can order my axolotls! im thinking Albino black eyes and wild.

well these pellets are awefully small, not sure how a growing axolotl can survive off these unless they eat a ton of them.

placed my order for two axolotls, wild and albino with white eyes.

Waiting patiently.

well both my babys arrived, no pictures yet i dont feel like useing flash on them nor turning hte lights on to stress them in the tank.

They are still in there bags floating in the tank.

So far the wild one has ate a pellet i put in the bag, the albino is thinking about it, they are defintly attracted to the side of the bag thaat smells like pellets.

Pictures in the gallery section soon.

I am hopeing i removed enuff salt from teh tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back