Male or Female?

L

lorna

This is my baby, Perky. I think Perky is adult now, as her toes have turned black. But I am unsure if Perky is male or female.
Hopefully someone will be able to tell from this photo, as I have been hoping to get Perky a friend, and will decide which route to go once I know.
Thank you.
76137.jpg

I have no idea, sorry. The pet shop said they thought she/he was about 10 months old when I got her, and that was about 3 months ago, so probably about a year or so. She/he is about 19 or 20 cm long.

Many thanks everyone.
Thats what I was thinking after looking at photos comparing the two. So it seems to be unanimous!

This means I will be hunting a female friend for her then, I don't think I could cope with babies.

Usually if you're not sure, they're female, males tend to be, on the whole, obvious... If you know what I mean...
I thought I had to female, then all of a sudden, bam... One turned out to be male... oops.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back