Finally some piccies!!!

B

ben

I finally foudn the digital camera and took a photo of Patsy and Buddy waiting in their backup tank waiting for their nice new substrate sand in the 4 ft tank!!!!!!

75432.jpg

Patsy is the golden albino and Buddy is the other one (Patsy Cline and Buddy Holly)

you should try feeding your axolotls they look starved to death.

Forrest, he may have just bought it from the petshop and it might not have been fed well so it isnt his fault

That could very well be true but either way those axolotls need some food bad, im no rocket scientist but to my eyes they need some food.

And id never post that pic of a axolotl unless i stated dont blame me for starving these i got them that way. Which i didnt see so who knows.

I appologize if i was being to harsh.

True, they could be fattened up a bit.

I especially like the one closest to the camera, the coloration is beautiful!

Be careful that Buddy doesn't eat his tankmate. He looks pretty big compared to Patsy!

I also love the names. But yeah, at my pet shop the axolotls are that skinny and they float. It's gross. I'm sure you take great care of them!

Yeh im trying to fatten them both up, they have both been like that since i bought it, finally got the tank setup finished so they should be better soon. I saw the big one at the shop and had to buy it, it looked so sad.

ive been feeding them frozen food and the pellets twice a day since i got these 2. shouldnt be long now

Ben,
Don't stress too much about how thin your axie's are. As long as you are feeding them well and regular, they will fatten up in their own time. Most my axie's are quiet thin and believe me it's not due to lack of feeding, they eat like little piggies!

All the best!

Regards Eastern_axle

Yeh I hope so Cori!!!

Buddy eats me out of house and home, but Patsy is very tempermental!!!! Will post another pic in a week or 2 to show how its fattening up!!!

I was simply trying to reassure Ben, it can be extremely stressful as you would know having a sick or unwell axie and I know for a fact some of the reassuring words I recieved here helped alot.

Regards Eastern_axle

(Message edited by aartse_tuyn on January 03, 2007)

Cori what are the names of those shrimp with the red tails? people have been saying you can put them in with axolotls but i thought shrimp were salt water thingos, whats the deal?

I am not too sure on shrimp, I do know that there are freshwater shrimp and quiet a few people on here are very fond of them.

Personally I have been unable to find them ( more so don't want to go "fishing" for them ).

So can't give you any advice as to how to keep them or anything like that but if you do a search, you should find more than enough info.

I think the type of freshwater shrimp we get in oz are called glass-shrimp there may be more.

Another thing I have heard is that you can get them through bait shops but unfortunately they have a high mortality rate during transport.

All the best!

Regards Eastern_axle

Sorry if my 'arrogant' views on the nature of some people upsets you.

i really think you should let ben decide on his own, all he was asking for is advice, and thats what this site is about.

This is getting a little too heated. Please keep it civil.

Matthew - negative comments about users are not constructive, polite or helpful – they will not be tolerated.

I've edited out the negative comments in this thread - now you can get back to helping Ben with his new Axies.

Ugh, whatever. I'm beginning to see that the right to have one's own opinion is limited here.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, it's the way in which they are expressed that we may have issues with.

This place is about helping people, in a polite and constructive manner. Please return to the subject of this thread.

Thank you,
Ester

hey ben have you tried raw salmon nice and high energy filled i use it as treat along with shrimp.

Great idea!!! the thing wont touch bloodworms or anything else exotic, do you just get it from the tin?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back