Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hey happy to joine all you nice people

N

natashja

hey all you nice people. my axies thought that i should sign up in here so they couldt show of a
littel.
these current 15 littel sweethearts ive had for only 2 mth`s but before them i had the littel angels that started all this the first two i get from a friends mother in january and for the first two weeks i didnt even know what they were callede, but then i foundt the axolotl page and realisede that i was doing every thing wrong so i put it right, and they thrivede then i went to zoozity were they had two littel scruffy looking baby axies who had to come home with me. all was good until we had to move in the middel of july and to my greate sorrow my four littel angels didnt make it
cry.gif
the entire family was crushed.
but life goes on and 3 weeks later i went to petworld in esbjerg and to my horror they had 8 skinny littel stressed out axies in 28 deg warm water no hides and a strong current to boot.
horrifiede i askede what they fed these littel critters and the answer was vegetabel based discos food one dice a day.!!!! well i couldnt stand that so three days later the first 4 movede in to my 250 ltr tank and 3 days later the last 4 movede in too.(after i had explainede very nicely to the store that what they had done to the axies was as wrong as they couldt get. 2 weeks passed and they began to put on weight and seemede happy. then i visit the store because i need food for my goldfish and what do i see 7 new axies getting the same treatement so i tell them yet again how to propperly care for them , but deaf ears.
and today i just pickede the last 4 littel skinny babys. and this time the clerk seems to actually listen and askes good questions. but hopefully they wont get any more axies.
all my axies now live in one 375 ltr tank and in 2-3 mth they will move into a 560 or 720 ltr tank

this is my littel angels and there tank
71723.jpg

71724.jpg

71725.jpg

71726.jpg

ill post more soon
71727.jpg

C

cecilia

Cute Axies and a lot of them. I hope to the pet shop there you bought them not will take home Axies anymore. What are you feeding them and how often? Nice of you to take care of all 15
happy.gif
. Looking forward to see more pictures.

M

morrissey

wow...they are so cute! Especially the wild type!
And I'm so jealous that you can keep such a huge tank in your home, my home's too small for this kind of perfect tank for my axie.

A

annmarie

You sure built them a nice looking home. I love your rock caves. They look very happy.

N

natashja

thank you for all the nice words
cecilia i feed them a home made mix of frozen blood worms, black worms and glassworms.dryede and frozen daphnia,frozen artemia, frozen mysis, tubiflex and baby axie food all mixede together with a littel gelatine to make it easy for the babys to eat.
i then leave the food in the tank until the next day so every body gets a chance to eat
and i feed them once a day in 3 different place.
well if the store takes any more axies home i`ll make sure that the new owner takes better care of them or i will report him to all animal`s rights
violent.gif

and yes they love there caves

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1