Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

greta

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has any ideas about the sex of my axie, poncho. He has black toes so im assuming he is sexually mature.
Any suggestions would be great,
Thanks,
greta
71229.jpg
71230.jpg
71231.jpg
71232.jpg

S

silver

Hiya Greta,

At first glance I would say you have a beautiful bouncing baby boy. Signs like a large head, sorry, no offence, and a more predominant cloacal area should tell something, although the latter is not really clear on your photo's. But I've made mistakes in my life before
angel.gif
, so lets see what others have to say...

Silver

J

joan

I'd say boy too. Although some nice clear shots of the 'naughty bits' should give us more of an indication.

Nice kingsnake. What species? I have a Thayers milksnake phase Kingsnake.

S

silver

He's a tricolor Albino Honduran Milksnake Joan, his name is Mr E
smile7.gif
... My girlie Western Hognose is called Minilot
wacko.gif
...Only 2 of my 40 pets!
Of which only two Axie's whom, unlike Greta's Poncho, aren't old enough to be sexed yet...the suspense is killing me
crazy.gif
!

Silver

J

joan

I hear ya. I'm starting to downsize my collection. I've got it under 30 now.

greta

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, i thought so too, except my other axie Heathcliff seems extra large in that department lol. And no offence taken silver, his head is huge!
greta

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1