Will I need an extra tank for water?

K

kat

I am wondering if it is necessary to keep a seprate tank full of dechlorinated water for the 20% water changes that everyone speaks of...

Hi Kat. No, you don't need that. You can just use water straight from the tap, as long as you put dechlorinator in it. You can buy dechloritor from any aquarium store.

Thanks alot Sherri! That de-complicates this whole process a bit.

I usually make mine in a 5 gallon bucket the night before. This allows excess gas to evaporate.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back