Axie boy or girl

S

shanda

Hi can anyone tell me what sex this baby of mine is. (s)he is 20cm golden. HELP please.
57184.jpg
57185.jpg

there, im leaning towards male but at 20cm it could go either way hehe. one axie i have was at 25cm and i still couldnt tell until she got a bit bigger and fattened up

Thanks sharn. I decided not to worry so much and just enjoy the beauty of her(i hope so). I bought her a mate, a motly little fellow, 15cm at the moment. I will post a picture of him when he stops being so camera shy.

62457.jpg
This is her little friend as promised. They seem to get on great and are often together in one tube, there are two in the tank and always hunt the worms together.. Such a pleasure to watch. Never knew how satisfying they would be. Absolutely in love..

Thanks guys. I am now waiting for her friend to grow up and i will probably call on your advise again. Much thanks.

id still say it could go both ways, it certanly isnt as fat as most mature females are but has no cloaca. ive had a skinny male with no cloaca before...

I still think girl - my baby is smaller than that and already has a little bump :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back