Most robust colour type

T

teesha

Hey does anyone know which colour type is the most hardy, coz i'm gettin my first one and i don't want it to die on me- just so i can get a hang of looking after an axy- then i'll get it a friend. I don't really like the wild type colour- so does anyone know the next robust colour???

the albinos are genetically weaker but there isnt really a 'robust' colour so to speak i dont think (i assume if there was though itd be wildtype). they all require the exact same care and are relatively easy to look after once you get the hang of all the water stuff ie parameters. have a read of www.axolotl.org if you havent already, some great stuff on there.

I'd say albinos and lucustic( i have no idea how to spell it) are the most hardy. Out off all the ones ive seen, the goldens are always the sicker looking with albino, lucustic (here we go again) and wild type bein a bit better looking. LOl.

In my expirience, wild type and leucistics are the "strongest", including wild/leucy crosses. Then comes albino, and golden i hear are the weakest, although never had one.

Thanks a lot Sharn Steadman, Yeah i have read that site front to cover! It's awesome!
Wow looks like there are some conflicting views! Stipe u said that the "white-ish" ones are most strong.....now i'm confused! Skylar Lenoir u also said that the whiter ones are more robust...well then...ok coz i really like the golden ones....but i did hear they were weaker somewhere... and i don't want a wild coour....just coz its wild- i want a super unusual one!! Well, thanks guys anyways for your contribution....still confused tho!! i suppose if i pick a healthy one thats all that matters not the colour??
thanks u guys!

do you mean like physically stronger colour type or genetically?. i dont think there is a physically stronger colour type but i think that genetically the wild type and lucustic are the strongest. then the golden albinos. like you said all you need is to pick a healthy one and take good care of it.
happy.gif

alot of people assume the most common ones around their part of the world are the most hardy... white ones with black eyes are not albinos, theyre leucistic, alot of people egt confused with that one
happy.gif

for the most 'unusual' ones id say go with wildtype, the colorus range from poo green, to dark brown/black and rusty reds or nearly golden albino colours! gold and white albinos.. well cause theyre albinos theres not much room for colour variation but there is a bit of variation in golds, some are really orangy red and some are a pale lemon colour. leucistic normally get freckles like in alexs' pic so theyre all different too.. some almost all freckles, some clean as! just find a healthy one you like and get it, a 'normal' coloured one could turn out to have a wicked personality where a 'abnormal' coloured one could be boring as... no doubt that whatever one you get you'll love anyway!

What about the Melanoid wouldn’t that be the next genetically strongest after wild type?

wow forgot about them lol... not sure actually... lets just hope ed sees this post aye!

alex. d, i meant physically stronger, sorry for not clarifying! Yeh i know about the whole "leucistic or albino" and "melanoid or wild type" confusion so i've got that under wraps! Thanx tho....but i mean "hardy" as in very tolerable and stronger as in "survival of the fittest" sorta thing....
Alrighty if i go to the store and see a wild type i may get one, only if its radishingly beautiful and healthy....coz like i dunno i've just got a bad first impression when i read that they are most aggressive and cannibalistic and such...

but thanx anyways guys!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back