Salt Baths

C

cindy

Hi all this is my first post and im reading alot of different things about salt baths, Whats the correct ratio of salt to water and do the axies really have to go in the fridge if so for how long and how often Thanks in advance...Cindy

we normally advise putting them in the fridge if they are really stressed or we suspect some sort of parasite or the axie has stopped eating. the fridge slows down metabolism and in turn slowing down whatever the problem may be.

they can stay in the fridge for up to a month (thats when the university says). how often... well only when needed, dont just put them in and take them out 'willy nilly' though.

I use 1 teaspoon of aquarium salt per 1 ltr of water, i also add stresscoat to the water to take out chlorine and help to protect their slimecoat.
Ive had my walking fish in the car fridge since jan sometime and they havnt eaten since and they are doing well. Im keeping them at about 7deg, waterchange everyday as they have fungus and its been really hot, if i take em out now they will get it all over again.
Oh and the car fridge i have has its own cooling system in it,i baught it because everytime someone opend the fridge they would freakout. Its doin the job well, u can use a normal car fridge but u need to keep changing ice bottles everyday.
i hope this helps
happy.gif

Wow.... Never heard of a car fridge, what is it and what does it look like? Do you actually have them in your cars?
What kind of cars?

emm a car fridge is also called food coolers, and eskys. its a plastic box where u store all your food and drinks in when u go away. mines a big one with a built in motor with 2 plugs, one u can plug in the ciggy lighter in the car or into the power point in the house.
So if i wanna take my 2 for a car ride i can LOL

Wow, sounds pretty cool.I have never seen those. I mean the ones with the motor..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back