Can I pet my axie??

J

jenni

Is it OK to try and 'hold' your axie? I know you cant take them out of the water. I dont want to freak my axie out but has anyone had success with this??

Jenni,

Axolotls have a 'slime coating' that can be damaged through contact with human hands. I would avoid physical contact with your axolotl unless it is necessary.

See www.axolotl.org for more details.

what about if you make it an land and water axy would it change the "slime" or not????}}}

Axolotls will not come onto land. They are strictly aquatic. The bacteria present on your hand could make your axolotl very ill, in addition to the damage it might sustain to its slime coat. It's best just not to touch them.

ok it just i heard that axies could be land as well but maybe the aquarium owner got confused with another breed or somthing?
lick.gif

If you heard it from a petshop, forget you heard it at all. Really, they (98.9%) don't know anything at all and should be forced to go to college.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back