EXTRA TOE!!!!

M

monique

Is it normal for a axie to have a extra toe on their foot??? Mine has three toes on all feet except back right! There are FOUR there! HELP!!!

Ok, from what I remember reading somewhere (and from having a quick check on julio - my axie) they're meant to have 5 on the back and 4 on the front?

Guess its a case of you've got one thats missing some toes then?

My Boris has 4 toes on all feet,and Diablo has 3 feet with 4 and a 5 toe foot lol Also,some of Boris toes are stuck together!Toe freaks!!!!
crazy.gif

lol mine has a thumb coming out of his palm on his front foot. it looks cute

one of my babies has an extra arm coming out if his elbow, its gross but kinda cute at the same time,lol

i do, my computer at home has died, but i can try and post it from an e-mail on my work computer, it might not be that flash but i'll see how we go, i'll try and do it this arvo
happy.gif

Axies are toe freaks???? Hihihii, that made me laugh! My Axelina has 5 toes in all of her feet, apart from the front right she only has three and a half!!

Miguel has 4 toes on all his feet, oh and they're a little webbed.
happy.gif

Hayley-Jane you made me laugh wanting to see pics of Hailz elbow armed axie! (tongue twister!)

Hailz - "It's kinda gross"
Hayley-Jane - "oooh you got pics!"

hehe!
biggrin.gif

I gave one juvie away with 3 toes on the front feet. Looked like one of those hippie peace symbols. The symbol, not the hand gesture.

Si, you'll get used to that. Around here, if anyone has anything unusual or even remotely gross, it's required that they post pictures.
blob.gif

WOAH! hahahahahaha, bet all his friends tease him, at least he can slap two of them at the same time for getting smart. thats so cute... wish mine had two legs on one stalk

LOL
biggrin.gif

Most of the time, Axolotls I think growing extra toes or limbs due to lost ones bitten off by tank mates. Moon Cookie, my white adult female has I think... 7 or 8 toes growing on one of her back feet. I can't really tell for sure. every time one gets bit off, two grow back in place. Luckily she has not been bitten again on that foot in a long while, so hasn't sprouted any more toes. It also seems that the bones in her front legs are a little short, so she has somewhat stubby front arms. She never really raises her self off the ground, only slightly sometimes.

Bobo, my adult gold female has only three toes and one tiny black stub growing on one foot. It has been that way since I got her a few months back, so I don't know if she will ever fully grow that toe back.

Hailz - I think the extra arm is cute
happy.gif
. It just makes him really unique. One of the axolotls that was a sibling to my first axolotl, had a backwards arm. It functioned, but backwards, and the axolotl swam just fine, acted just fine, and I think is still doing fine. He was sold rather quickly, and I think it was because probably someone felt bad for him and wanted to help the little guy out
happy.gif

thats bizarre Hailz, and for unusual things on my guys, one has webbed feet, and my albino has two toenails on one toe.

Awsome Hailz,thanks!!That is very weird indeed!Lol at the circus freak syndrome,everyone wants to look.The toe with the 2 nails sounds interesting sin sister....
smile9.gif

lol Si I'm just nosey like that!
lol.gif

Hailz that's so strange! You should be very proud!
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back