Hmn....

T

theresa

...While scouting the tank this evening, i realized that i actually don't know what Axie poop looks like, so the Turkey baster hovered unknowingly...
sounds silly, but not seeing anything I'm sure of on the sand. help!

Little Footballs, or if their waste is runny, it will just look like little clumpy brown-ish strips.

All should be pretty easy to suck up. Hope this helps
happy.gif

If you catch it early it does look like little rugby balls lol Rheann
lol.gif

But if its dissolved, just look for anything that's bitty and black.

have a look in the tank setups section,under the post "biggest poo" i posted a pic of one of my axies poo lol

That pic Rob noted is a very good pic of what poo looks like. But like Hayley said, if you don't get to it right away, it kind of dissolves and looks like dirt or dust on the sand. I have found though that it remains solid longer on the sand than it did on the river-rock.

Thanks everyone!!! I see the light! (footballs)
Here's wishing you all a very merry Christmas!!

lol interesting topic, footballs and poo, lol merry christmas to you all and your axies!. btw i find my axies poos very easily because the sand makes it stand out like a saw thumb!!. iv never actually seen my axie poo, do they only do it in the dark or in privacy or something?

Lol,yeah,that's what I wondered,they do just appear.Not that I sit waiting for one to poo,but I do sit gazing,have seen both yawn,but never a poo.This has ended up an interesting topic!I'd be keen to know if anyone has witnessed the "number 2's",or if they wait until our backs are turned...lol

I've only recently seen mine yawn, but I've never seen one poo. I've seen lots of poo, but never one in the process. Not that I'm watching their bums continuously...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back