Hi....I LOVE MY 2 AXOLOTLS

J

jim

Hi.
My 2 axies want to say hi...Oxy is 5-6" and little Lotto is 2 1/2-3".. They are both Golden albinos.. right now i have them in a 10 gallon tank seperated in half for them. i am using river rock of diffrent sizes (none small enough to be eaten). I have been feeding them live comon guppies and frozen blood worms. i have trained them both to eat from my fingers. i love feading them this way. makes them feel like a pet more than just having fish. I have 1 question. I feed them 2 common guppies in the morning and 1 1/2 cube of frozen bloodworms in the evening.i hold the guppies in two fingers and they gobble it up! AM I FEEDING CORRECTLY? I am in the process of ordering the 5mm Salmon pellets from the axolotl colony. any info you can give me is much appreciated. THANKS

hey, people on this forum dont really choose to feed guppies unless you breed them yourself, guppies from petstores are often holders of parasites. blood worms are fine, in my opinion they tend to be messy. im not too sure about how often to feed them, maybe someone else on this forum has had axies that size and knows.

Hi Jim,

Like Alex said, it's best not to use feeder fish from the stores.

The amount you're feeding them seems like a lot to me. When my axie was 5-6" I would feed her one cube of bloodworm every 2 days.

Axies are more active at night, so you may want to feed them in the evening
happy.gif

They're more acitve at night? It's because they like dark right? Your so lucky to have golden albinos
biggrin.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back