Fungus Please Help

C

chris

<font color="aa00aa"><font face="arial,helvetica">
Can someone help a newbie...I stupidly put a smaller axy in with afull grown adult...yes I can hear the DOPE!!!from here...the large one bit the back leg of the small one & now I have noticed fungus around the wound...I have put him in a tank by himself but would like any further suggestions anyone has got...Thanks in advance</font></font>

hey chris,
Your poor little guy! !
From what ive read in this fantastic forum, if your axie has any of this white fungus at all (even if he still has all limbs) salt baths are recommended to kill the fungas.
Maybe you should try this.

Someone may also suggest something else aswell but you dont want this fungas to spread.
Its quite a fast with spreading all over the body(an axie of mine years ago had this fungus), so bath him as soon as you buy some of this salt (if you dont already have some at home).

Good luck and as l said, someone may also suggest something else you can do.
jo

thanks Jo will do
talker.gif

No problem
happy.gif
I love helping, l just hope it actually helps.
Let me know how you go. . .
Hope all is good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back