BRINE SHRIMP EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

stipe

ok im really getting angry now. ive spent the last day ( like 10 hours) phones pet shops, looking at websites around the sydney ares ( australia) and could not find one FREAKEN shop that sells brine shrimp eggs. PLEASE I NEED HELP ANY! GOT ANY IDEAS. ive even tried ebay but got out bidded in the LAST 7 MINUTES. i need ro rest.......

please help......

Stipe, have you had any experience with Axolotls at all before the ones you have now? You have not had your Axolotls that long. If you are looking to get brine shrim eggs for baby axolotls I would if I were you get some experience first with the grown Axolotls you have before you rush into trying to take care of lots of baby Axolotls. I read that your Axolotl male put down spermaphores for the females. I would cull the eggs if you have any before they develope. Your Axolotls will breed again, but you must be prepared for them instead of rushing into it. Just relax
happy.gif
your axies will have babies again, just get some more experience first.
lick.gif

ive spent the last 3 days reading about it and im as ready as i have every been. After i have experience with at least one batch of eggs ( im only keeping 20 or so giving the rest to the pet shop who was willing to take some) and then im goint to make a divider and seperate the 2 until im ready for it again (wont be till like 1 year later).

Stipe, dont panic, do you have a dollar save pet supplies near you? you could give them a try? if not, the babies dont only just eat the brine shrimp, thats just the food source everyone recommends. i couldnt get the brine shrimp either so i went with the live black worms. You just chopp them up and put them in the water as they will still wriggle. My babies have been raised on black worms and they are growing well and are healthy and strong. Hope this helps, best of luck with your searching
happy.gif

thanks for the advice but i got brine shrimp eggs, finally. i got like 10 grams for 13 dollars. a rip off if you ask me.
happy.gif

I know you have already obtained some but i've found ebay to be the best place to get them.

stipe, reading for three days does not prepare you for looking after baby axies, thats like reading books about babies for three days gives you enough info to go and have some yourself! it is a trial and error process and even though you may only have 20 eggs all of those could die due to incorrect handling or maybe just because of defects/egg fungus/whatever else can be a problem

<font color="aa00aa">Hi stripe just in case you stil want something else for your babies..Liquifry is good also can be bought from Pets world here in Sydney</font>

whats that suposed to mean. ye i had them and there all healthy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back