Axotl newbie

A

anouk

Hello,

First of all sorry for my english writing it's not so well. I am from the Netherlands.

Friday I will get my Axolotl I hope. But on the bottom from my Aquarium I put little stones (because I read that they eat sand) but between those stones there are shells, is that a problem for the Axolotls? To sharp?
And do you have any pictures for me how you decorated your aquarium?

Thank you

I don´t advise you to use that gravel, it´s probably marine gravel, axolotl are from fresh water, search the forum for some treads about sand, you also can see in axie gallery the setup´s.

Hi

Congrats on getting a new axie
happy.gif

Unfortunately what you heard about the sand is quite the opposite. Axies actually eat the gravel and get blocked up with it.

Most on here agree that sand, or bear bottom tanks are the best.

I have a few shells in my tank for decoration but their edges are buried in the sand so that no sharp bits are left for my axie to hurt herself on.

42866.jpg

happy.gif

Hey mede-Nederlanders
lol.gif

Je kunt het beste zand gebruiken, kleine steentjes eten ze juist op.. Dat kan klem komen te zitten en met moeite er nog uit komen.. Waar kom je vandaan?

Hey wat grappig ik kom uit Rotterdam.

Het is een beetje warrig op een nederlandse info site over axolots, daar stond dat zand slecht was en dat grind de beste ondergrond, hier juist andersom. Maar ik vertrouw wel op deze site;)

WAOH !?
dizzy.gif
errr.gif
hehe didnt understand anything of that !!

but heres a pic of my lil 60ltrs tank made for them while there still young and little (the waterquality is bad for the moment)
43317.jpg

so theyre in the big tank ( 260ltrs - made for fish ! i just dont have any for the moment.. )
43318.jpg

}

Thanks Aimee
wacko.gif
its made for tanganyika fishes .. its just a lil messy atm.

Rheann : i didnt made the pics, my boyfriend did, i cant paint at all
sad.gif
hehe..

thier so cool, i like the rock background in the second pic, gud work

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back