One of my axies is floating ?

M

maja

she startet floating yesterday and she stil floating at the end of her body, she holds her down with her front legs.. whats wrong ? she dont look ill or anything and shes still eating..
sick.gif

Sometimes axie do that for a long period of time , I didn´t saw one that stayed like that for one day.
try to put him in the fridge with shallow water, just covering his/hers body this will help to reduce the stress of trying to stay down, also the cool temperature 10 Cº will help him to deal with whatever he´s having.

Okay, but wouldnt it go away itself ?
how long shall i keep her in there ? till it goes away ? thanks for the help so far !
bowl.gif

well all the hope to go away by itself,if you don´t want to do the fridge thing, just wait a couple of days, but if it doesn´t, you can keep your axie in the fridge for a couple of days changing water everyday. don´t let the temperature in the fridge to be lower than 8 Cº it is better 10 Cº.

shes not floating that much anymore.. she hav done it for a couple of times now
sick.gif
can it be because shes getting air more often than the other one ?
shocked.gif

what about salt baths ? .. would that help her ?
dizzy.gif
how do i make a salt bath ?

I personally don´t like the salt baths, but as you read in some treads, it seem to be "the thing" in this forum, for everything people tend to use or recommend salt baths.
In my opinion and my experience there are always several things that you can do to help your axie, I had problems with my axies and never used the salt baths, and they are healthy, in the place that I work I take care of 15 adult axies and several larva and juvi,and never used salt baths , and belive me that I had my share of sick axies.
I´m glad that she´s not floating too much now, but if she is coming to the surface to gulp some air too many times maybe there is a lack of oxygen in the water.

If it's her rear end that's floating, then it's probably a bacterial infection in her gut system. It's nothing really serious. When one of mine starts floating I put her in the fridge overnight, and then she's better in the morning.
Don't worry about salt baths, they won't help.
happy.gif

If she stops the rear-end floating by herself, then don't even worry about the fridge. She'll be fine without any treatment at all.

shes all normal now..
smile.gif
<font color="0077aa">
about the salt bath i understand how u feel .. but i also have some fish and salt really help when theyre ill, or hav a lil scratch.. </font>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back