Help needed with brine shrimp

C

chris

I need your help I can't seem to get my Brine shrimp eggs to hatch.Followed all the instructions & so far nothing ...How long do they take to hatch? do they need a heater??I'm so confused & I got tiny mouths to feed...Can I use anything else ..they are axys around two days old....

i am using blood worm and before that i used daphnia and if you are in australia you can look at the pet shop for liquifry it is a liuqid that you put in to the water two - three times a day my axie larvae are three and a half weeks old now and are doing fine and this is my first batch so good luck.

I'm in NSW Liquifry ?? can you tell me where you got it?? & will they eat bloodworm this young??

thanx heaps guys....I tracked down the Liquifry & will get some micro worms ready just in case...
biggrin.gif

I don't think that Liquifry is a good substitute for live food like brine shrimp and daphnia. It may work for an emergency feeding but I think the larvae would do much better on other foods.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back