Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Back from the dead?!

M

madeleine

Hi there
happy.gif

OK this technically isn't about axolotls, but here goes;

When I started to cycle my tank I thought "Hey, I'll just grab some little fish and let them help the process" - and of course, one died. Realising that I have a conscience, I thought I would get "Fishy 1" (the name for the sake of this story) a new home. As I didn't have one, I put him in a vase thing and it was all working out great.

Anyway, I thought I would get him a friend, but for some reason Fishy 1 just died straight away. (My luck with fish isn't so great, huh)

Now, Fishy 2 was great, really great, until he stopped eating - so I figured, hey, he needs a new home. So i got a nice big tank for him and I was about to scoop him out with one of those net things - when he got extra freaked out and wacked his head on the side of the bowl..

So he floated to the surface... At first I was like "WHAT!?! HE CAN'T DIE DAMNIT!! NOT NOW!!!" but sure enough he was belly up. Anyway, to cut a long story short - I poked him a few times and he started breathing again - I plonked him in his new tank and he's swimming around now, happy and.. undead..

What the?

Has anyone ever had this happen?! He was clearly dead/not breathing/belly up/other dead-like feature for about 3 minutes..

L

liv

it probably went into shock sometimes like birds do when they fly into things but thats my opinion either way its alive

C

cynthia

I have found fish on the floor covered in lint and looking way dead make a come back when put back in the tank. Sometimes "they aren't quite right" though.

A

anne-marie

Madeleine, watch out - you might have a zombie fish on your hands.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!