Two quick questions

M

madeleine

Hi there
happy.gif

I'm hopefully getting an Axolotl in the next week or so but I have 2 questions;

1. Does anyone know of reputable places to get them from in the Perth area? (Western Australia) I've seen that some users in the forum come from here so I'm hoping for some inside information
happy.gif

2. This one might be a little odd - do Axolotls mind music? I'm planning to have mine in my room (which is pretty big) - but I'm always playing some sort of Metal (Death, Black, you name the sub-genre I probably listen to it!) - not that I play it at high levels or anything, but to they mind??

Heh.

Thanks for your time
happy.gif

- Madeleine

Hi Madeline,

Im a bit of a newcomer myself, but I just bought my little axie from Fish 'N' Stuff on Erindale Road in Balcatta the other week.

Not sure about the music choice though. Axies are pretty chilled out little dudes, am sure they dont need death metal ruining their karma!

Hmmm......I'd better put up a post too with some of my questions.

Nat :)

Hi Nat

Did you get the tank and all that from there too? How much did it cost??

I went to a nearby pet store where they sell them, but they didn't seem to know much (vague answers to my questions..)

Thanks
happy.gif

- Madeleine

Hey Maddie,

No I didnt get my tank from there, but they seemed to have a good range of stuff for North of the River people. Whatever you do, stay well clear of Pet City in Balcatta, they know nothing about fish there even though they sell them.

Also, there was a great place, I think it was a pet superstore in Cannington that I checked out before I got my little Chuck. That place is awesome!!! They were so helpful when I was researching axies. And they had a shed load of tanks there too.
But of course, I cant remember the name of it.

Hope that helps!

Nat

Vebas Aquariums in Zeta Cres, O'Connor or Pet Magic on Albany Hwy, Cannington. Vebas are cheaper if buying aquariums. Pet Magic have some great little axies which I sold to them! Cliff or Clint??, at Pet Magic, is a good guy to talk to about axies cos he cares about them.

Madeleine- you will want to get the tank set up a month or so before you get the axolotl so your tank has time to cycle.

Axies don't have ears, but can feel the vibrations in the water if you have the music up really loud. This shouldn't bother them, as filters put out a lot of vibrations too.

The only animals I've ver really known to be bothered by any kind of music are snakes. They go nuts if you have the base up too much!

i also listen to death/doom/black/funeral doom/thrash/speed metal etc i like to think my axies love it lol they never scream about at all when it comes on. their fav bands are pantera and abysmal at the moment i think. i caught them sort of dancing to it the other day haha was very cute. i also have fish right beside the speakers and they never seem botherd at all, i think theyre used to thumping and banging with my sister going through her 'annoying i know everything cuz im 13 stage'

Oh you angry metal people! How about a nice laid back electro-groove now and then?
kiss.gif

No way! Metal is relaxing.. though I do admit if I want some relaxation I'm a softie for modern Russian classical. (Schnittke = genius)

Ten points to Sharn for good music taste .. Pungent Stench were here recently, were they in NZ too? Hate Eternal are coming around as well - not sure if you'll be that lucky too - the isolation does seem to keep away all the decent metal bands
happy.gif

Thanks everyone for the advice and help
happy.gif

PS
Sharn do you like Endre Begby's new band - Carpathian Full Moon??
\m/

HAHAHA! I like to think mine is more a chilled out surfer dude, Chuck's more into the relaxing tunes of Dave Matthews Band and the like. Even the odd bit of reggae for my little guy.

havent heard much of them aye. you like adorned brood? pagan metal. nar rotton blood did a tour recently along with some other gay metal band. add me to your msn if you have one sharn_s@hotmail.com yeah pungent stench were here too didnt go see them though. backyard burials pretty mean too. one of my mates used to be the bassist for them. and hey to all you people that think i were angry were not lol. i LOVE black sabbath, acdc, pink floyd etc and i acccasionally listen to portishead (trip hop wierd stuff) i just dont like rap or pop!!

I hate rap and hip hop - Really, really hate it
violent.gif
. Just thought I'd add that.

yes same, i see no artistical talent in mindless rhyming and no musical talent at all in their turntables they use to create their music. i should stop now otherwise youll have a angry sharn raving on!!

What I really hate is the woman-hating lyrics, the "yo-bro" attitude and the constant recycling of old songs which no-one knows about and therefore think is original. Enough!! I'm getting angry too. Weren't we talking about how much everyone loves axolotls.
yin-yang.gif

THANK YOU!!!
Finally someone that agrees that rap is amazingly anti-women. Funny how mainstream media promotes "artists" that refer to women as bitches and ho's!

Adorned Brood i've heard of - but for folky stuff I'd go for Agalloch or older Ulver
happy.gif
But saying that I'm more into Black Metal than anything else..

Are those other bands from NZ? I haven't heard of them to be honest..

Heh it's kinda cool, not many girls get into extreme metal.

Don't use MSN sorry
sad.gif

And yes, back to Axolotls. They're so damn cute!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back