Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Violet lizards

cody

Reaction score
Everywhere i look i cant seem to find violet shaded ones like cynthia has in her profile i recon there unreal

C

cynthia

Cody - if you are talking about Jude who is the axolotl in my profile picture, it is real.

However Jude is a some what pale wild color not violet. I have noticed though when Jude is resting the color fades a bit and looks sort of purple/violet.

cody

Reaction score
Still the coolest lookn lizard i eva seen have you got more pics of him

C

cynthia

Well even though its not a "lizard".... I am quite fond of Jude too
happy.gif

There are more pictures of Jude in the Gallery
look at a thread named "Jude Good Hair day"
and a thread named "New Pics"

cody

Reaction score
Fair enough thats still a pretty sweet lookn goanna A pic of mine is in the Gallery under 6year old axie The tank aint all that flash in the stages of settn up a new one sorry about the photo quality im still trying to figure out my new digital camera

A

anne-marie

Cynthia, in Cody's original post when he reckons your axie is "unreal" thats a compliment in Aussie slang. Means really good. Just thought I'd point that out so you didn't think that he didn't believe you. .
blob.gif

cody

Reaction score
Thats cool i didnt take offence i see how you could off though I really love judes colours an ive been on a rampage lookn for one like it in my local area

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1