Looking for an Axxie

B

bradford

Hey there you's guys and gals. I was away for awhile but I am back. I am in the process of looking for an Axxie. The beastie I got (was told it's an Axolotl) is a mudpuppy, a different kind of beastie. I am looking for the Real thing. Anyone that can point me in the right direction, please feel free to do so. Thanks Much,
Brad

Just a word of caution on your "mudpuppy", usually they're sold as a "mudpuppy" or in your case an axie & they're really larval tiger salamanders! My girlfriend got one years ago & that's what happened & she found out later that it's VERY common. Chances are it'll morph one of these days, so make sure you're ready.

Their are axolotls advertised for sale on Kingsnake.com
(by me).

Thanks for the reply. I have a Tiger Salamy down in Phoenix, This one isn't that at all he is a true mudpuppy He's alot longer than a Axolotl, no costal ridges and all those traits. Here's a link to what he looks like. http://ctamp.homestead.com/mudpuppy.html
He looks like a Necturus Maculosus

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back