Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Anti-Fungal treatment found in Australia

P

peter

Any Oz axl keepers know where you can get Furan-2 in metro; Sydney.

I have contacted 6 aquariums who either haven't heard of Furan-2 of say its American so they can't get it.

Has anyone used any other successful meds for fungus.
I have used PimaFix and MelaFix and to be honest, I don't think they are as good as the aquariums make them out to be.

Peter.

V

vanessa

Oh man... I needed that but I'll have to travel 1hr to get it but it's worth it since my experience with Dragoon (1st Axie) was bad and no anti-fungual treatment was ever heard of.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
MelaFix is made by the same company that makes Furan-2. I tried Melafix once and had poor results with axys.

D

daniel

You Don't need any of those things all I use When i have A problem the use of a salt bath is proably the best thing sea salt rock salt for the supermarket it fixes most thing's. Put in a 2 to3 teaspoon of salt in 1 litres of water and then let the salt disssolve the put your axolotl in it for 10 to 15 min and the take him out . Do that every day until the problem go's away.
Of course, this is all useless if the animal is still under stress when put back in its aquarium (strong-flowing water, high water temperature, bad water quality, etc....).

P.s Make Sure The You Take The Water For The Tank There Already In !!!

Please note well: Salt solutions can do great damage to the gills of axolotls, leading to bleeding and shedding of gill fimbriae, so don't subject an axolotl to high salt concentrations for very long periods at a time.

Dan

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!