Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bertie

P

paula

Just when i finally lose the newbie reputation on e-bay i become another on here!!! just a quick introduction as i feel i will be using this site quite often! I'm Paula and have just adopted my first axie, aka Bertie Big Balls (hope i'm not offending any one by choice of name). What i thought was gonna be a simple addition has, after studying your site,quickly become a somewhat daunting challenge! As i have quickly bonded with Bertie, I obviously wish the best for him and this is where you lovely people come in! I'm feeling like a fish out of water (no pun intended) and believe i will be using you knowlegable lot as a regular resource! Hope you all don't mind too much. Bertie is counting on you!P.S i have some knowledge in hangover cures and am willing to trade!! thanks

C

cynthia

Welcome Paula
happy.gif

You might want to check out http://www.axolotl.org

too, it is full of good info.

K

kim

Hi Paula,

Welcome!

Feel free to ask any question that arnt answered in the link in Cynthia's post!

P

paula

thank you both for your replies! have read so much on your pages i'm on danger of confusing myself!! Bertie is fine, i think i'm worrying abit unnessecarily at times but will shout if i need you! Am going to water test soon as not convinced the levels are perfect! thanks again
kiss.gif

M

mik

Welcome to the group Paula...now you're here we expect piccys of your axies and hope you join in the discussion too.

P

paula

as soon as possible i will post a picture of my bertie, as i have to say he is the best looking so far!!!!
lol.gif

P

paula

can u confirm that a kink in the end of the tail and 'forward' gills is a sign of stress?
crazy.gif

C

claire

a tail that is bent at the end is a sign of stress. i cant confirm the other because i didnt know it.lol. :D.

ps welcome to the forum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1