Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Male of Female?

S

sharn

i saw the pics on axolotl.org of the sexing of the axos. mine looks like the white one.. pretty much exactly the same size lump. however i have seen posts on here with pics that look the same as mine that say these are boys....it has reached maturity cuz it has black tips on its toes... so says the axolotl.org site but its not round like a female. its around 16 cm in length. i cant post a pic as i have no camera. also does it matter what sex i put with it as id like to get it a friend. if its two males/females will they fight?thanks guys.. sorry for the stupid questions
crazy.gif

S

sharn

theses black tips on its come and go... on some of the pics the girls has no bump at all mines about 2-3 mm out of its body... id ask my pet shop but they have no clue whatsoever about theses lil cuties... maybe hes too young to be sexed yet...

M

mik

You can put them together. They should be ok as long as tnak is big enough and there is enough planting and hiding places.
16cm isn't huge and even with the dark toe tips it may not be sexuallly mature.

If you do end up putting male and female togethre you'll soon know anyway...
blush.gif

V

vanessa

Hmmm... I kept calling my Dragoon a he even though it's only about... 5 mths old I think? It'd be interesting to see how axolotls have you-know-what once a male and a female's together at the age of 12 mths old (I've been told to wait 12mths then I'll see their gender)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!