Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axies floating ?!

C

cathy

uhoh.gif

Hi everyone,
My 2 adult axies float on and off, sometimes for hours at a time amongst my fake plants. Is this normal behaviour or should i be concerned. They also occasionally rush from the sand to the surface to take a big gulp of air. Thanks for your help.

C

cynthia

Cathy - yes that is normal.

You might want to check out caudata's sister site

http://www.axolotl.org/

There is an FAQ there filled with information for new axolotl owners, and the site has loads of good information on care.
happy.gif

M

mik

Unless they float at top of tank, unpsupported by weed and struggle to get down then it's proably nothing to be concerned with.

I took some great piccys of Tweak 'floating in mid tank' and I will post them this weekend in the gallery take a look. He's the ugliest axie ever but is very impressive too.

C

cathy

Thanks guys, they seem to be having fun hanging out and aren't distressed at all. It would be nice to be able to float in water all day like that!! Don't u think?
smile.gif

V

vanessa

Dragoon (who died on 20th Jan) always floats for a bit then does a whole circuit of the tank around and around for like... two minutes then he decides to sit down at the bottom on the gravel for the rest of the time. It'd be really fun to float in water all day.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!