Can axies hear!?

S

sharn

hey all i was jsut wondering if axies can actualy hear!? cuz i talk to mine alot (as im sure alot of ppl do haha) also do they make noises at all?cuz i no some fish do even tho you can hear it...wierd questions i no just wondering
biggrin.gif

hello Sharn...am not sure how well they hear (if at all) but they definitely detect noises....if i bang the tank lid too hard they notice - this could be vibrations they're feeling (through the water) though....although it could be argued that that's all hearing is anyway?????

i've never heard mine make any noise, apart from some odd squelchy sounds when they gulp water

maybe someone else has been researching this - i'd be interested to know.....

Mine live in the music room at school, and often appear to be moving in time to the music. Could just be coincidence but its really fun to watch

Ha ha I find this topic very good, I kept talking to my Axolotls (don't think I'm crazy guys!)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back