Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Moving Baby Axie

A

andré

Hi !
My name's André, im from portugal, and i've just started learning about axolotls... Here in portugal axolotls are not that famous lol actually... I dont know anyone who had ever heard anything about them.. no one knows what they are...

My sister works in an aquarium and I asked her to get me 2 axies... The thing is, they're still small, they're babies, and I was wondering if there is any problem, any cautions I should have while bringing them, at what size can I bring them, etc... :p

Srry about the bad english... =P Thx 4 reading

B

brendan

Hello Andre

I recently got myself 3 baby axies. I got them from my local pet store which is located about 5 minutes away. When i got them home and the tank set up and everythin i noticed (as a normal thing) that the axies where a little bit streessed due to the move. But after a while they got used to it and are happily enjpying their new home.

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I am very excited as someone has offered to give me two babies! The problem is they have to be sent via animal courier and she needs me to tell her how to pack them.Can anyone advise please, thankyou.

J

jenny

Im not sure if they will do such a small order but you could try Involvement Packaging on 01386554441 they have air tight bucket type packaging that would be good for sending of axolotls

E

eric

Just putting them in a plastic bag and putting that bag inside a polystyrene box should be fine.

M

mik

Eric's suggestion is just fine, just make sure to tie the bag and trap plenty of air inside too.

Remember to transfer them to a cycled aquarium with no other inmates.

Best of Luck Andre

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!