Baby Axolotls......Help...Please.....Help

M

manuel

hey... I just got 4 baby axolotl, they are like 1 inch and a half each. And I would like to know how to take care of them. I dont know anything about how to keep them happy. They are in a atank, with some plants and a big rock. I dont give them to much light. I feed them very little water animals and a little bit of planton.I suposse they are eating because they are growing and they are still living. I would like to know, how shoul i keep the tank? Which kind of food should i give them and how? How much light do they need? Which acessories do i need for the tank? (for example, filter, wich they dont have becasue i think they are to small) And how to keep them away from stress and diseases?

Manuel,

Hi and welcome!

Everything you will need to know can be found at the link below.

If is very helpful and informative.

Please read this then come back to us with anymore questions you may need answering :D

http://axolotl.caudata.org/

Good luck with our new babies

Welcome to he group Manuel. I have posted your question in a more suitable sub section where it will benefit others most.

In answer to your question follow the link but the best starter food is new hatched brine shrimp (artemia). Kits are easy to set up and will produce plenty of food for your needs. But you might find they are just about ready for adult brine shrimp which can be bought in small plastic bags from most pet shops.

Bst of luck with them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back