New frogs!

L

leah

Meet Eli and Oink, my two young White's tree frogs.

First, the two in their temporary housing, posing nicely
29755.jpg

Oink, the bigger of the two, with an appetite to match his growing belly!
29756.jpg

Oinker again, sitting on the wall above the water
29757.jpg

Shy little Eli, hiding under a leaf. They've only been in the big tank a few hours, and I think he's still a bit scared!
29758.jpg

Bit of a bigger picture of Oink on the wall, so you can see a bit more of the setup. I'll be adding some ivy as soon as I can get another hanging pot for the back wall
29759.jpg

Just a few more pics, they seem to be settling in nicely. I wish Eli would eat a bit more though, he's eating, but nowhere near as fat as Oink- does anyone think he looks thin?

Here's Eli on one of the rock structures on the back wall of the tank:

30466.jpg

And Oink, getting fatter everyday:

30467.jpg

They look fine to me,you have a lovely pair of froggies there,i have four altogether,they all have varying appetites,your two look great.Lovely set up too.

Just a few more of Eli...
I'm getting rid of, or severely lowering the water half of the tank because even with the water lettuce and fake lily pads I'm worried that it's too deep. I caught Eli sitting on some water lettuce (saying goodbye to one of his favourite spots!) and it's just too cute not to share
happy.gif

Here he is:

32223.jpg

32224.jpg

We're moving tomorow so I thought while I was busy dismantleing the frog tanks, I'd get a few photos.

"Native" the Southern brown tree frog, Litoria ewingi:

33353.jpg

33354.jpg

Eli's very skittish and always tries to make himself small when people are around. Tonight, he thought he could avoid me by being flat:

33355.jpg

One last soak before the big move!

33356.jpg

Oink, sitting. He never moves!

33357.jpg

i think they´re beautyfull, what kind of frogs are they ?
wacko.gif
dont know anything about frogs, but i like them
happy.gif

Hi people, those are very cute little frogs. I've never seen anything like them before. Native looks so sweet. You are so lucky to have them all, Leah. Does anyone have golden bell frogs? We had a sort of dilemma with our frog Greenstone. He always croaking so we thought we would give him a mate. We bought one from a petshop. We were told it was female but it turned out it was male of course they still tried to mate. *embarassed smile* Today we are swapping it for a female. He was affectionately called Sunny when we thought he was female. I think Sonny sounds more appropriate now lol. Here are some photos...
52035.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back