Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cuban Tree Frogs?

S

sandy

hello does anyone know anything about cuban tree frog's? or osteopilus septentriona? let me know thank's;

A

abrahm

I know that this species gets quite large (~4 inches) and is quite predatory on other amphibians, even it's own species and as such should be kept in a species only tank with like sized tank mates, if any.

That's all that I have, their care and habitat requirements wouldn't be much different than any other tree frog.

S

sandy

thank's sorry i'm reading it late trying to get all imformation i can on them if you can let me know exact requirement's for them and any tank setup picture's would be great thank's and have a great weekend sandy.

S

sandy

hello mike than's for the input do you know what else can go with them by your experience? let me know thank-you sandy.

mike

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend mixing this species, and would be careful to keep them with others of a similar size. This voracious predator feeds readily on smaller frogs. Males are typically 90 mm snout to vent, and females 125 mm. They can live for 15 years in captivity.

C

chris

Ha, Cuban Tree Frogs, the females get HUGE! It is fairly easy to tell the difference between the males and females because of the fact that the females can get larger than 4" and males generally are 2 1/2". If you have only have males you can mix this species with other frogs but if you have a female, she will eat other frogs...as seen in other posts.

Chris

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!