Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Poor toad

D

dane

So I was trimming the yard with a weed whacker and I was in the far back of my back yard and I noticed a toad were I had just trimmed, it was franticly jumping away. I managed to get ahold of it and I then examined it to see if I hurt the lil' guy. It looked all good from the top, then I turned it over and his leg was bleeding
cry.gif
I felt kind of depressed when I saw it, I let him go in a safe place and hoped that the little guy would heal alright
*cross fingers*

simon

Reaction score
Dane I know how you feel. As part of a project I'm doing at the moment I had to trim a 60m by 60m field. All around me I could see crickets, snails, various beetle, spiders and I felt awful as I destroyed their little habitat. Can't imagine how I would feel if there had been amphibians in there as well!

C

chris

yes this happens to me often....cause I live in centeral illinois i often have toads and frogs and snakes in my yard and I can never find them before I mow the lawn but after I mow the lawn I often see dead snakes...I have never seen dead frogs or toads but I often see dead snakes????...dunno why???
sick.gif

D

dane

yeah, everytime I mow the lawn I keep my eyes peeled for snakes, because those are my favorite to find

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!