Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Peacock Tree Frogs

A

aaron

Ijust picked up 4 peacock treefrogs, athlough they arent brown like that other photo i saw in this forum. The are bright green with tiny black lines running vertically on the area between there front and back legs. Are these peacocks? is there a good photo online someone can offer a link to? also any non general care info would be helpful...thankyou....oh and yes i have other tree frogs, whites to be specific,

W

william

yes they sound like peacocks, but from what i understand, they are juviniles.

J

jeff

They sound like juvie's to me. I have one right now that is in the process of changing from the green juvie color to it's adult color.

Here's a picture I took about a month ago before my juvie started to change:

45485.jpg

I'll take and post a picture later today to show the changes that have occured over one months time.

J

jeff

Here are the pictures like I promised. As you can see this frog has changed a lot in one month.

45836.jpg

45837.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1