Frog from germany ??

C

chris

Hello, a few years ago I found a red coloured frog in germany( dickerscheidt) near the ardennes, does anybody know from what species it was? I am very curious because i never saw that colour ever again on a frog.

Hello chris,

Hardly to identify without photo, maybe the red morph of Rana temporaria or R. dalmatina, but may be a set free tropical frog either.

Michael

Hi Chris. I'll be moving your post soon to the frog discussion area at:

http://www.caudata.org/forum/messages/24791/24797.html?1108246959

...unless another moderator beats me to it.

This area here is for photos, preferably of salamanders
wink.gif

It was the Rana Dalmatina I think, thank you for the information and sorry that I posted it here.

<font color="ff0000">This post has been moved here from the Photo Gallery</font>

No prob, Chris, and welcome to the site
biggrin.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back