Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Young Pobblebonk?

L

leah

Another near miss on the road tonight, I think a banjo frog/pobblebonk. This one's less than an inch long and looks like a miniature replica of an adult I'd found several months ago. Just want to confirm the identity... anyone?

30671.jpg

30672.jpg

30673.jpg

Also, just for fun because it's not frog, newt or salamander- I don't know what this little one is either. It lives outside on the window, eating all the mosquitos
happy.gif

30674.jpg

mike

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the anuran Leah, but the lizard is a Marbled Gecko (Christinus marmoratus), with a regenerated tail, probably eaten by a pobblebonk.
wink.gif

L

leah

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true Mike! When I found the adult pobblebonk, I had nowhere to put it except in my axololts' worm farm, with some added leafy cover. When I released the frog a few days later and went to get some worms, they'd almost all been eaten- what a pig! I'm sure if a pobblebonk could catch the gecko, it would try to have a bite!

I hope the gecko sticks around and doesn't get itself eaten, I really like the little guy. From what I can find on the internet, adult size is between 5 and 8 inches. This one's about 2-2.5, so still a baby!

K

kim

Oh Leah,

Thats a great little Gecko!

Wish I could have them living on my front door step!

The only problem is because hes sooo cute i'd wanna keep him!

biggrin.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!