Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Frog ID

C

chris

I found a frog in a friends yard.

It is a little over an inch long, streamline thin body, it's a pale pinkish-brown, has a brown line running on each side of body from nostril to mid abdomen, white upper lip, blue eyelids, long toes(treefrog maybe?), and an extremely pointed nose.

He was found in the southern Appalachian Mountains on a rainy night.

Thank You So Much!!

C

chris

Now that its day time I can see that he has some brown spotting on his legs, and three tan stripes on his back(with the middle one making a little diamond shape inbetween his eyes.

S

summer

i need help to! i found a frog in my back yard. i live in hannibal mo. (usa) i will try to put a picture in i don't know how to, but i will try.It's brown and tan w/ two white lines going from head to back of it's body. eye is oval shaped, web toes, w/ great big legs. maybe a Norther leaperd frog? please help!
thanks

C

chris

That's most likely a Pickerel Frog maybe a Leopard Frog. And I think I may of found my frog's ID: Mountain Chorus Frog

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!