Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Here

D

derek

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I also participate on kingsnake, dendroboard, and thefrog.org forums. I just purchased 0.2 Phyllomedusa sauvagei this afternoon and look forward to getting some more bumble bee toads sometime in the near future. Here is my collection as of now, including the 0.2 waxys that I ordered.

5.3 Waxy Monkey Tree Frogs- (Phyllomedusa Sauvagei)
3.2 Orange-Legged Monkey Tree Frogs- (Phyllomedusa Hypochondrialis)
2.0 Razor-Backed Monkey Tree Frogs- (Phyllomedusa vaillanti)
0.0.3 'Green Banded' Kokoe Poison Dart Frogs- (Phyllobates aurotaenia)
0.0.1 Green-Backed Mantella- (Mantella laevigata)
0.0.9 Spiny Madagascar Hoppers- (Scaphiopyrne pustulosa)
2.2 Fire-Bellied Toads- (Bombina Orientalis)
0.0.1 Bumble Bee Toad- (Melanophryniscus stelzneri)
0.0.1 Southern Tomato Frog- (Dyscophus guineti)
2.2 Argus Reed Frogs- (Hyperolius argus)
0.0.1 African Bull Frog- (Pyxicephalus adspersus)
1.0 Russian Tortoise- (Testudo Horsfieldii)

colin

Reaction score
Hi, good collection of frogs... I used to have Phyllomedusa and think they are great!

M

matthew

Nice to see you post after our chats!

I plan to post shortly and pick people's brain re treefrog viv set-ups, especially in regard to UV lighting (kind of a post-script to the topic of calcium in the axolotl thread) and would appreciate your input...

D

derek

I recieved my waxys today. I got the box from the local pet store (the allow me to ship my frogs to them so that someone is there to sign for them) and opened it to find another box with which the frogs were in. I opened it to find 3 deli cups equipped with 3 great looking frogs. Remembering I only ordered 2, I checked the invoice to see if they had charged me for the third, but they hadn't. Must have been a mistake but I don't mind. All are fat but one had an open sore on the first digit on his front left hand. I immediatly put some triple antibiotic oinment on it to clean it up. Other than that, they are great looking. I know which 2 are females, but unsure of the sex of the third. They sent me a price list of animals they had available and it ony had female waxys, no males , so I'm guessing I got 0.3 for the price of 0.2 shipped ($135 USD) which is awesome.

colin

Reaction score
good news
happy.gif

hope the finger gets better
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1